Why do I always find it so hard to just do what I really want? Saying the truth to a significant other, saying your true feelings to a person being mean to you, telling others your real opinion even though it is the very opposite of theirs.
I found out recently that even your oldest friends can be lying directly to your face. They say what they believe you want to hear, not what you actually want to hear. I've always believed that you need to own up to your words, because even though they may be harsh, sometimes the other person needs to hear this. If your shirt is tucked into your underwear, you would want someone to tell you, right? Some goes with feelings and emotions. You wan to know how the other person is feeling so you can fix it. Without the truth, nothing can change.
Why is it so hard to let yourself just fall for another person? Trust? Insecurities? Either way, it's so hard but yet everyone always says it's worth it in the end. But is it truly? In the past, I know how hard it has been for me to trust, but recently I have been finding that I can trust, but I might just be too afraid to do so. I'm always waiting for that moment I'm going to get hurt, for that moment that will break me. I know better that it won't happen, but it is better to be prepared right? I've never really thought about the future in the aspect of getting married, living in a house, having cook outs in the back yard, but lately that has been sounding more and more like something I want. But I'm scared to let that dream become a reality. Does the other person want that? Is that something I can do?
I guess you never really know what you want unless you just try it.
No comments:
Post a Comment